Wednesday, July 9, 2014

We Have a Winner!

Quoting the words of the wonderful Tracey and Josh Adams of Adams Literary...

"Drumroll..."


It began with the fireflies, as magic often does. Jenny was in the field behind her grandparents’ house with her younger brother, chasing fireflies. She spied a good one, low-flying and lackadaisical, and followed it past the shed and into the darkening woods.

Yay, congratulations, Katharine! And thank you to everyone who entered, this was, as always, so much fun and inspiring.

Katherine has not only won a query critique from Tracey Adams, but two books on writing that I absolutely adore. 

First is Stephen King's On Writing: A Memoir, tenth anniversary addition no less. 

   

And one of my absolute favorites, WONDERBOOK by James Vandermeer. 


Thank you again to everyone who entered! I hope to see you next year for the 3rd Annual Paragraph Contest!

4 comments:

  1. Seriously?! I can't believe it, I'm totally stunned! There were so many amazing entries! Thank you so much, Naomi, for putting on this contest, and to the incredible Tracey and Josh Adams for selecting me. Thank you!! I'm so thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so thrilled too, Katharine! Stunning first paragraph, truly. Please email me at naomicanale@yahoo.com and I'll get you in touch with Tracey, and get your books sent off to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Katharine! I love the whimsy and hints of magic in your first paragraph. So lovely! Hope to see your book on shelves some day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Katharine. Yours was a wonderful opening!

    ReplyDelete