Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Best Announcement EVER & SCBWI NV Fabulousness

Hi everyone! I hope you all have great plans this summer and are already frolicking away with the bugs, birdies, caterpillars, gators, or whatever it is that enjoys the outdoors with you. And yes, I mentioned gators because of our lack of winter. I've found EVERYTHING in my backyard and I'm sure I'm bound to see a gator soon, even though I live in Reno.

This weekend was the kickoff of The Nevada SCBWI Mentor Program, and paired with it was a glamorous conference. I say "glamorous", well because it was. We had Holly Black...

LOOK! Aren't we cute together!!?

Ellen Hopkins, Kathleen Duey, Susan Hart Lindquist (who is my fabulous mentor this year by the way, lucky me!), and many more. I left inspired and super happy to have spent time with these super loving mentors and writers. During our critique sessions, I've never experienced such talent in one conference. Great Job everyone, all your hard work is certainly paying off!

I also got to meet co-mentee, Sandy Stark-Mcginnis (left), and yes, she is as fun as she looks!


Sadly, I only took like four pictures. Here are the rest...

I know, this one's exciting! It's the back of Tracy Clark's head...


and OH, look, Cheri Williams and her cute self is sticking her tongue out at me...


So...as if that wasn't enough fun for one blog post, guess who else was there?

My New Agent Pam van Hylckama Vlieg!!!!!



Pam was one of the agents whom I was lucky enough to have read my work to during critique sessions, and she really liked my work <------SHE LIKED IT!!

Before I ramble on about my super amazing excitedness about being able to work with Pam, I better just stop typing this post. But if you guys want to query her or check out her awesome blog, here are the links...



Happy writing everyone!!



18 comments:

  1. Bob Marley reads your blog? That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob Marley reads your blog? That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I know right?! The day he made his first comment was like the best day of my life, but now that Yoda is also on here--I'm just speechless. There's like all this awesome in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you!!! The spigot just opened and now you can pour your work out into the world. Congratulations! I'll look forward to seeing you again in October.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!! I am so happy for you both! You and Pam seem like a great fit and I'll be waiting in line to read your book! All the best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Keegan's Momma, Writerhuges, and Lola!! All your exclamation marks made me giggle :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Elle! Your encouragement meant a lot to me this last weekend--you're so awesome!! I'll definitely be first in line for your book <----your book! That's soon! Huge congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Donna! :D I look forward to seeing you in October as well! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! I feel like we're sisters now. Or maybe just psycho nuts. LOL! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Vivi!! I feel the same, so like if you ever need to borrow my bra or something--I'm totally here.

    Huge Congrats to you too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy to have you Naomi!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, Pam, thank you! *gets all emotional* I'm so honored to have you as my agent.

    ReplyDelete